A Client of Semicon in Malaysia is a ISO 9001 certified Malaysian-based fabless semiconductor design company and a preferred partner for many leading semiconductor companies in Europe, US and Asia. They provide end-to-end IC design services to fabless design houses, electronics and semiconductor system companies, equipment manufacturers and service providers.
Place and Route Engineer
- At least 3-5 years professional experience in microelectronics physical implementation.
- Good verbal and writing communication skills.
- Fabrication process variation impacts and performance.
- Experience in low-power design techniques.
- Good understanding of ERC, EMI rules and impact on final chip verification and cycle time reduction.
- Ability to work in a team environment and participate in cross-functional activities.
- Experience with the following tools:
- Mandatory: Cadence RTL Compiler, SOC-Encounter/ EDIS, ETS , EPS.
- Desirable: Mentor Calibre/ Assura.
Job Description /Other Requirements:
- Power planning, optimization, power grid and signal routing considering timing constraints.
- Design floor planning, analogue and memory macro placement.
- Place and route including timing closure.
- Extraction of layout parasitics and SPEF/ SDF generation. Signal integrity tests.
- Post-synthesis static timing analysis (STA) and post-layout STA.
- Physical verification (DRC, ERC, LVS, ANTENNA rules).
- Writing, running, optimization of scripts for above tasks.
- Implement and monitor Quality Assurance/ Quality Control standards based on corporate guidelines in a project setting.
- Have done multiple tapeouts and proven record of designing complex ICs in state of the art CMOS process technologies and has successfully placed products into volume production, preferably multiple times.